Translate

Friday, May 30, 2014

Pennsylvania Welcomes Me...

I am back in the land of farms, cows, Amish buggies and the closest coffee shop is a half hour away.

I have been home for over a week and I have done nothing productive. I did clean my room and put away all my LR college stuff, but now I am preparing to pack for London. I got to see some of my high school friends and got to see my best friend who just had her first daughter.


Annaiyah Lisa


She is such a beautiful baby and I am so proud of my best friend! She is such a fabulous mom and I am so happy for her. I got to see her twice and hold her little munchkin. 

So my welcome back to the state of Pennsylvania… It was an interesting one. The day after I got back I was driving to see my brothers concert and I got stuck behind three buggies and a wagon in under three hours. Also it is the season of beginning to farm for the summer, so all of the farms around are spreading manure and it is not a smell I missed. It is also cold again. 

I like to call myself a delicate tropical flower, and so 50 degrees is not for me. I left North Carolina in shorts and a tee shirt. By the time I got back into PA I was in jeans and a sweatshirt. I am very cold sensitive, and I was used to the 70-80 degree weather days at school.  

It is slowly getting warmer, but I am still wearing clothes I wish I wasn't. At this point I am wearing yoga pants and a wind breaker. I'm going to have to make sure I pack weather appropriate clothes to London. 

I do not have anything else to report. The next two weeks are dedicated to packing, earning as much money as possible, cleaning my room, getting a track phone and calling my bank. 

COUNTDOWN TO LONDON: 2 WEEKS

No comments:

Post a Comment