Translate

Friday, June 13, 2014

The Adventure to London Begins!!!

So today is the day! I leave the United States to go live in the UK for six weeks! I am currently sitting in the Philadelphia airport waiting for my flight. I am a few hours early, but that gives me time to get settled and charge my electronics.

Well let me begin my story of preparing for my adventure. The realization still has not hit me, but I did have my anxiety attack two days ago when I was packing. I still did not have everything I needed and I began to panic. I am the kind of person that needs to have things prepared and put together and when it isn't I get anxious. So needless to say I was running around my room shaking and clutching my belly with nerves.

I finally was able to find everything I needed yesterday when I did a last minute run to the mall. Found the perfect messenger bag to take with me for school work. It holds my laptop and an assortment of odds and ends that I carry around.

I was also able to get my hands on some British money. My grandparents have helped me so much with preparing for this trip. They have been abroad numerous times and so they have been so excited that I am beginning my abroad adventures. They mailed me some leftover money they had from their last trip to the UK. I have about £10 with me at the moment. That is in a £5 bill, three £1 coins and several different values of pence coins. It was really exciting to look through foreign money and think that this is going to be my currency soon.

This morning I did all of my last minute packing. It was difficult trying to get everything in one suitcase. I don't have to pay for one checked bag and I needed to keep it under 50 lbs. When we got to the airport it weighed in at 39! So all of my panicking and transferring liquids into smaller bottles paid off.

My mom and I had a teary goodbye hug in front of airport security. She watched as I walked into the line to get into the gate.

That is all I have for now. I will be continuing to update as I sit in the Charlotte airport for my two hour layover, but for now cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment