Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

London: Westminster Abbey, Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and Platform 9 3/4

This day was one of many adventures. I got the chance to do so many different things that did not cost anything.

So a group of friends and I decided that we wanted to go to an Evensong service at Westminster Abbey. It is £17 for a tour of the abbey, but free to worship. We did hit a few snags getting there. Getting off at the wrong tube station, going the wrong way and looking very touristy. We eventually got to the abbey five minutes late and were behind the divider standing in the back. I was rather upset at this and was beginning to get blisters, but seeing the inside of the abbey and hearing the choir singing calmed me down.



Pictures inside the abbey during services are not allowed so I could only get the outside architecture. I do plan to go inside for a tour and get pictures someday soon.

After evensong we decided to go see Buckingham Palace. We walked from the abbey through Hyde Park.





The scenes at Hyde Park looked unreal. Like I was watching a movie. What made it real were the giant flocks of pigeons that surrounded the area. I believe I have found my new animal army. I just have to train the pigeons and then they shall attack! XD

At the end of the park we then saw Buckingham Palace.


It was a rather cloudy day and the group I was with was walking super fast, but there it is! I do not know if the queen was there, but it was a rather busy area filled with cars.

We then got back on the tube and decided to get off at Kings Cross and go to Platform 9 3/4.


It was so much fun to wear the scarves, hold a wand and go through the platform! My nerd began to show the closer I got to platforms 9 and 10.

After photos I went to the gift shop and ended up spending more money than I thought I would, and nothing I got was for me anyways! I am notorious for buying more things for other people than for myself. Most of my trip I have been getting gifts for friends and family to take home and the only big things I got for myself were at Cardiff at Doctor Who.

Well that is the end of this adventure. There will be plenty more to come.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment