Translate

Friday, October 25, 2013

New Orleans: Adventures in the French Quarter

So yesterday I told everyone about my amazing cajun food experience. Now I want to tell you about the sights of New Orleans. We are staying in the New Orleans Marriott which is on Canal Street. This is not very far from Bourbon Street either. After some sessions a group of friends and I walked around to view the sights and get a glimpse of the lifestyle of the people who live here.

One of the first places we went to was Bourbon Street. For anyone who may not know about this street it is where the majority of Mardi Gras takes place. This is the street were people will flash their tits to get beads.

Walking down bourbon was a bit sketchy at first. Everywhere I looked there were nothing but bars and strip clubs. During the day people were going into the few stores that were around and listening to the jazz music from Music Legends Park.


We stood outside and listened to the music from the live band that was playing. New Orleans is one of the birth places of jazz and the music is embraced fully by the culture. 

After wandering bourbon a bit we decided to go to the Mississippi river and wander. There we got to walk by some interesting characters and interesting sights. 

Walking down Canal Street

Mississippi

Saw these in a store on Decatur street. I thought it was fantastic!

It was a lot of fun wandering around. Right now I am back to chilling in the lobby (since it seems to be the only place with decent wifi). We are planning on going out tonight and I shall update everyone when I can! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment