Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

New Orleans: Beignets!

I finally had Beignets today!! Breakfast food that has never been more sugary.


We went to the Café Du Monde on Decatur street. This restaurant has been around since the 1800s and is open 24/7. All they sell is Beignets and coffee. There is also other options like hot chocolate, juice, etc. They also sell merchandise which includes a Beignet mix! I wanted to get it but decided not so since I am poor. 

I got three Beignets and coffee. It was absolutely delicious and I got powdered sugar everywhere. It is cash only so I had to stop by an ATM along the way. We just walked in, grabbed a seat and got our food. That's how it works. You don't wait in line to be seated, you seat yourself.

It was amazing walking down Decatur in the morning with all the artists lined up. I do wish I got photos but the artists do not wish for their art to be photographed so I respected their wishes. I really wanted to buy a beautiful painting but it was $90 and I do not have that kind of money to spend.

So I do believe I have now eaten everything that was on my list to try in New Orleans! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment