Translate

Monday, October 28, 2013

New Orleans: Cajun Food

So I am back in Hickory, North Carolina. I go to school here. Lenoir-Rhyne University actually. We got back sometime around 1 am last night. It was a looooooong twelve hours in the van and by the last three we were all getting irritable with each other.

My last taste of cajun food was yesterday. I got to go to this small place I noticed on Canal Street called Palace Cafe. I went for lunch and decided I was going to have some more gumbo before leaving.

The restaurant has outdoor seating but I was seated inside. It was a cute restaurant with an upstairs and an open kitchen. I decided to get oysters and gumbo. Two appetizers to save me a bit of money.

When I got there they gave me a glass of water and then asked if I wanted some bread. I said sure and the woman came out with a whole loaf of french bread!

It was toasty and warm and so good! The crust was so crumbly that I made a mess all over the table. It was actually so good I had two loafs. I know, such a fat kid. 

A man from the kitchen came out to give me my oysters and by golly they were amazing! I don't remember exactly what it was but all I know is I took my left over bread and soaked up the juices. The pan was clean by the time the waitress came back for it.



The oysters were absolutely divine. 

I then got a cup of gumbo. It was not as good as the first bowl of gumbo I had but it was still very yummy.

There was shrimp and oysters in this bowl of gumbo.

This trip was absolutely worth it! Yes I spent a lot of money on food but all of it was good and I wish I could have stayed longer. I hope to someday come back to New Orleans with a group of friends to go out on the town with! 

So this is my first excursion with you! I do hope you enjoyed it and I can't wait until the next adventure.

I shall miss the weirdness of New Orleans.


No comments:

Post a Comment