Translate

Sunday, October 27, 2013

New Orleans: Halloween on Bourbon Street

What a night last night was!! In New Orleans the Saturday before Halloween is when the celebration is. We wanted to dress up and go out on the town, and so we did! Everyone in the group dressed up. We had Tarzan, a cheerleader, sexy detective, two ladies of the night, a hipster, and then me....

THE TARDIS!!!!

Because I am such a Whovian this costume was perfect for me! I got the dress on a whim at Hot Topic and it was an easy costume to pack. I did contemplate bringing my Dalek costume, but it was hand made and had delicate Styrofoam balls on it. Not good to pack into a suitcase.

So we left about sevenish to get food. I was not that hungry at the moment so I ended up just eating some cheese fries. They weren't even that good anyways.

After the cheese fries some pictures were taken...

Me and Randy who was our Tarzan.

Then off to Bourbon Street! There was a parade on Canal Street that I did not get pictures of. :( It was an amazing parade! Floats from different horror movies road down and candy was thrown along with halloween cups. I got one too!

After the parade was over we headed down bourbon. This is where the fun began.

We were walking along and someone recognized me. She asked to take a picture with me and I felt awesome that I was recognized. Later throughout the night I was continued to be praised and recognized as the TARDIS and I even found some Doctors!

Left: Me with Eleventh Doctor                    Right: Me with Tenth Doctor

I was stopped almost every ten minutes and people were taking pictures of me, I was taking pictures with people. I walked into a voodoo store to check out some things and the store owners began to clap and applaud my costume. I think the group I was with were getting kind of tired of me getting stopped for pics and recognition. 

To anyone who may ask, yes I did get some beads. And yes I earned them the way you do on bourbon street. By flashing the boobies. It was a quick flash but I got a lot of beads for it. All in all the night was fantastic and I am sad that we are leaving today. I plan on getting some lunch before leaving and I want to have my last taste of cajun food.

No comments:

Post a Comment