Translate

Sunday, November 3, 2013

(Past Adventure) Hershey: Hershey Gardens

Another one of my Hershey adventures took place in the Hershey Gardens.

Hershey Gardens was originally a three acre rose garden for Milton Hershey's wife. Since then it has exploded into over 20 acres with seven different themed gardens.

I decided to explore it on one of my days off with one of my good friends Beckie.

Walking through I could tell why wedding pictures are taken in the historic rose garden. I was able to take some pictures myself.

In the garden there is also a butterfly house that we adventured into.



The amount of butterflies were incredible! We had to watch our step to make sure none were in the path in front of us.


I made a friend while in the butterfly garden as well. I do not remember what kind of butterfly this was but it was a vibrant orange. It ticked as it walked all over my hand and would not leave me. I had to get one of the employees to remove my butterfly friend before I left.

When I went to Hershey Gardens it was a very hot day and a lot of the flowers were not in bloom. I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked to, but I do hope to go back during the winter for the light shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment