Translate

Thursday, November 7, 2013

(Past Adventure) Yellowstone: Snow In August??

So this is a continue off of the first day in Yellowstone. We drove through the area and my uncle wanted to stop and walk up to the top of a mountain to look at the view. So we got out of our car and hiked up to the top. I was in flip flops at the time so this was an adventure. Once getting to the top I could see why he wanted to come.



Yes, this is snow. In August. :P


This was where the forest fire in Yellowstone took place. I believe what started it was a man not in Yellowstone lit a cigar or cigarette and the wind blew it onto the trees which caught fire. The blaze went on for days and destroyed so much of the national park. It happened in the 1980s and this was untouched. Nature is taking it's own course to fix the damage.
See? These flowers were within the trees as a symbol that life continues to grow. 


My mom took some pics of me chilling on a rock looking around. 

We stayed there for about a half hour and then returned to the car and drove around more. I will continue to add more of this adventure as the day goes by.


No comments:

Post a Comment