Translate

Monday, November 11, 2013

(Past Adventure) Yellowstone: Old Faithful

So today I am going to show you the amazing journey I had at Old Faithful Geyser. We actually stayed at the Inn by Old Faithful and it was an amazing inn! It was wooden and rustic with beautiful scenery. I am quite mad at myself for not taking pictures of the inn, but I do have some amazing ones of the geysers and hot springs.

Yellowstone is actually a HUGE volcano. Yup I said it, VOLCANO. This is why we have all these hot springs, geysers and sulfur pits around. The pressure is being released from all these areas so there will not be a gigantic explosion like we did in Washington years ago.

This is Old Faithful. This picture is actually not at it's full height. I had just missed it when I snapped this picture.

After chilling at Old Faithful for a bit my uncle took us on a tour of the rest of the hot springs around the area. 










Some of the hot springs water was so clear and blue that I wanted to dive in. Of course that would not be a good idea and I would've boiled like chicken.

We also got to see other geysers that were around the area. Yeah, Old Faithful is not the only one there.


This one was just spurting water into the air every ten seconds. It was interesting to have to maneuver around the spray.


This geyser didn't do anything while we were there, but I got to see it from afar as we were leaving.



The Giant Geyser was not doing much when we walked by. All I got to see is some bubbling water at the base. 



Here are some other geysers that we walked passed during our adventure.



We got to see a lot of gorgeous scenery as we walked around. There was so much walking involved I was happy I brought my sneakers with.


These pictures were too cute to not show y'all. The first one is my sister and my cousin walking down the path holding hands. My sister snapped the last one of me and our cousin walking as well. 

That day was incredible and I got to eat bison for the first time. It's actually very delicious. 

I will keep everyone updated on the rest of this adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment