Translate

Thursday, November 7, 2013

(Past Adventure) Yellowstone: The Beginning

Good morning to all on the east coast! To everyone else around the world, good afternoon/evening/night!

So today I am going to tell you all about a past adventure I had to Yellowstone. After Chico Hot Springs my family and I packed our things and drove to Yellowstone! I had never been to the Rocky Mountains of the USA and I must say the views were gorgeous!






I could not get over how flowing the mountains are. I live on the east coast of the United States and all we have are large hills called the Appalachian Mountains. These were MOUNTAINS. 

The drive to Yellowstone took about an hour from Chico Hot Springs. We stopped in a small village outside the gates of Yellowstone for gas and a quick bite to eat. 


Here is the gate into Yellowstone. On the rock it says "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" 









The sights were so incredible I could not believe my eyes! Everywhere I looked it felt like something you would see on a computer screen saver, yet here it was in front of me.

We drove to the welcoming center where we got so see a book that my uncle wrote. He is a geologist and was working on this book for seven years I believe. A long time. It's something he enjoys a lot.


I believe I will end my post here. There is so much more that happened this day but I think breaking it up into chunks will be a lot easier. 

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment