Translate

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Flight to London

So I am now in London! Arrived two days ago and finally have a chance to sit down and write.

Well the last you heard from me was before flying to Charlotte. Well, I got there but not when expected. I got on the plane and I was sitting next to a mom and her four year old son. He was such a cutie and was so talkative. So because of thunderstorms on the East Coast we had to delay our flight. So we sat in the Philadelphia run way for about a half hour before finally taking off. The flight itself was smooth and quiet. Got to talk to the woman sitting in the seat across from me (I had an aisle seat).

We landed in Charlotte around 5:00 p.m. Not bad, but then we had to sit and wait for 40 minutes before getting to the gate. So by the time I got into the airport I had just enough time to grab a Starbucks tea, run to the gate and charge my phone a bit before boarding the plane to London.

Getting onto the plane was exciting. I was already hearing the accent around me and was getting jittery. I got my passport checked and got to my seat. I flew US Air and they gave us a small pillow and blanket since it was a night flight. As we began to take off it hit me that I am flying over the ocean. I was ecstatic when the plane flew into the sky.

So during my eight hour flight I ended up watching TV on the little movie screen available to me. I watched Young Frankenstein during dinner. They served pasta with a small salad, a roll and a brownie. After dinner I watched The Lego Movie. Then I tried to fall asleep, but couldn't so I turned on LOTR Fellowship of the Ring. I ended up falling asleep near the hour mark and woke up to the credits. So I started the second one, but couldn't finish it because we began to land!

After landing I had to find my way to terminal 3 to meet with the CISabroad members. I went through the boarder and got my luggage. Heathrow airport is huge! I had trouble finding the terminal at first, but eventually got there.

As we waited for the other students I bought a bacon and croissant sandwich and talked with the other students already there.

In all the trip itself was smooth and uneventful. I am so blessed to be here and I will write more about my first few days in London soon.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment