Translate

Friday, June 27, 2014

London: Weekend in Cardiff

So when I was preparing for this trip I found out there was a weekend trip to Wales that the school put together. When I found this out I was extremely excited. That meant that I could go to Cardiff and go to the Doctor Who Experience Museum! Looking more into the trip I found out we don't go into Cardiff, so I decided to go on a personal excursion of my own.

A new friend of mine, Hope and I decided that we were going to spend two days in Cardiff before our Wales trip specifically to get to the museum. We prepared to leave after class Thursday then take the train into Cardiff and stay at a hostel.

The actual preparation for staying in Cardiff was done rather quickly. We found a hostel that was only £16 a night and had free wifi, breakfast and had shower accommodations along with a TV. We booked our hostel and waited for class to end.

After class Thursday I ran back to my room and then had the difficult decision of which Doctor Who shirt to take with me to Cardiff. In the end I picked my Tom Baker shirt since he is my first Doctor. I then changed in order to wear my Tom Baker scarf on the train into Cardiff.

When Hope was ready we took the tube to the train station. Once we got there we only had a few minutes to grab our tickets and get on the train. We got our round trip tickets and had three minutes until the train left. We ended up running through the train station and got onto the train with mere seconds to spare. We did make it and were able to find seats and relax as we caught our breath.

I got the chance to look out the window during our train ride. In all honestly I was a little disappointed. The scenery looked like that of Pennsylvania. The only difference is I saw a lot of sheep and small British houses.

When we arrived in Cardiff it became apparent that we did not plan too much about where the exact location of the hostel was. We stood in the main courtyard of the train station staring at a map trying to figure out how to get there. In the end we asked some locals and they pointed us in the right direction.

The walk to the hostel was not far at all. Maybe two miles so it was a nice pleasant walk. When we reached the hostel it was jointly decided that we will just stay there and relax.

We unpacked our things and went downstairs to have some food. I ordered traditional Welsh Cawl. It was absolutely divine!


Because I was in Wales everything needed to also be in Welsh. So my butter, I had no idea what it said! 

To end the night we were lazy bums and watched TV until about 10 P.M. We then went to bed to prepare for a day of Doctor Who!

No comments:

Post a Comment